The European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) was founded in 1965 as non-profit, medical scientific association based in Duesseldorf, Germany. The Association’s main goal is to support and encourage research in the field of diabetes.
EASD has more than 5,000 active members from over 100 countries worldwide which makes it one of the largest networks for diabetologists across the globe. Its Annual Meeting is held in a different European city each year. In 2017, the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes will take place in Lisbon, between 11-15 September 2017.
Is the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes on your list in 2017 or/ and 2018? Give us a sign and we’ll handle your accommodation needs in a fast and reliable way!
EASD’s Annual Meeting is the Biggest Event of Its Kind
Over 15,000 delegates from more than 130 countries are attending EASD’s Annual Meeting every year. The scientific programme includes over 1,200 talks and presentations on the latest results in diabetes research by leading experts in the field. The Annual Meeting represents a great opportunity for physicians to learn more about diabetes and related diseases, for pharma companies to promote their products and for hotel brokers to showcase their offers. The event is a great opportunity to encounter new vendors and suppliers at the trade show exhibit hall.
The Programme Tackles the Hottest Topics in the Field
We’ve visited the event’s website and went through their Programme at a Glance section for the 2017 Annual Meeting. Some key topics that will approached during this year’s event are the following:
- Management of type 2 diabetes with basal insulin revisited: results of the glargine 300 U/ml Real Life Study Program
- Cardiovascular complications of diabetes: hot topics
- Intergenerational transmission of obesity and diabetes: Is the fog being cleared?
- The beta cell in type 2 diabetes: What are the changes and are they reversible?
- Molecular transducers of metabolic benefits of exercise
- Diabetes, obesity, their treatment and cancer risk: smoke or fire?
- Cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease in the type 2 diabetes patient: from basic science to treatment
- Genome editing principle and practice: Is there opportunity for diabetes?
It’s a Great Opportunity to Visit Lisbon
Successful people know how to mix business with pleasure. It would be a pity to be in Lisbon for the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes and not visit this wonderful city.
Lisbon is Europe’s second oldest capital, predating other modern European capitals such as London, Paris and Rome by centuries. Lisbon is also where the world’s first diabetes association was created in 1926 by Ernesto Roma. You will be enchanted by its rich history, great architecture, old monuments and wonderful landscape. Lisbon is surrounded by beaches, mountains and the countryside. The view is amazing!
Here’s a list with some of the things that you can visit in Lisbon:
- Saint George’s Castle, a major landmark that can be seen from anywhere in the city.
- Jerónimos Monastery, a monastery of the military Order of Saint Jerome, an outstanding example of late-Gothic Manueline architecture and is a UNESCO site.
- Belém Tower, a defense tower completed in 1520 during the reign of Manuel I.
- Time Out Market Lisboa, home to 35 permanent stalls from some of Lisbon’s most celebrated foodie shops and restaurants.
- Lisbon Oceanarium, the largest indoor aquarium in Europe.
That being said, we hope you’ll enjoy attending EASD’s Annual Meeting in 2017!
Contact us for a personalized accommodation offer for the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes. No strings attached. We usually reply within a few hours.